RackFoundry are currently seeking a Security Engineer to work with our customers, assist in product development and assist with securing our own infrastructure. This role will involve responding to security events, triage and finding solutions to security issues, as well as assisting our engineering team with product development/requirements. The ideal candidate will need to be enthusiastic about cybersecurity, willing to learn new technologies fast, keep up to date on the latest security threats, and be comfortable speaking to customers in a support, sales and/or professional service capacity.
Competitive salary, health care, paid time off, and other usual benefits available!
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible, about new global security threats
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- 5+ years experience with Linux and Windows systems
- 2-4 years experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network technologies (switches, routers, etc) and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Good understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Keen attitude in keeping up to date with the latest in technology and cybersecurity trends, threats and innovations
- Very comfortable speaking with customers at a professional level
Sound like the job for you?
Great! Send us your information and resumé.